Cranberries with Mixed Greens, Goat Cheese & Toasted Walnuts
Cranberry Tossed salad with goat cheese and walnuts
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (the juice from one lemon)
- 2 tablespoons 100% cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons soft mild-flavored goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- FOR THE SALAD -
- 9 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE -Combine in a blender the lemon juice, cranberry juice, honey, goat cheese, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, then, with the motor running, gradually add in the olive oil.
- The vinaigrette can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- FOR THE SALAD - Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast chopped walnuts on a shallow baking dish for 8-10 minutes.
- A few minutes before you serve the salad, in a large serving bowl toss the greens with the vinaigrette. Garnish with the cranberries, toasted walnuts, & crumbled goat cheese.