Cranberry Fruit Oatmeal
Yield 48 servings
Serving Size 3⁄4 cup
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Peaches, diced, canned in juice or light syrup 106 oz.1 #10 can
Reserved peach juice/liquid, from can Approx. 1 qt. 1 cup
Water Approx. 1 gal. 1 qt.
Oatmeal, quick-cooking 3 lb. dry1 gal. dry
Dried sweetened cranberries 1 lb. 12 oz.1 1⁄2 qt.
Brown sugar 7 oz.1 cup
Cinnamon, ground 1 Tbsp.
Nutmeg, ground 1 tsp.
Salt 1 tsp.
Yogurt, non-fat, vanilla, optional 3 cups
Dried sweetened cranberries, optional 15 oz.3 cups
- Drain peaches and reserve all liquid. Set peaches aside. Liquid will be used as part of cooking liquid in next step.
- Measure liquid drained from peaches, then add water to bring the total liquid volume to 1 1⁄2 gallons and 1 cup.
- In a stock pot or steam-jacketed kettle, bring water/peach liquid mixture to a boil.
- Add oatmeal, dried cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and return to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in reserved diced peaches. CCP: Cook to an internal temperature of 135°F or higher. Transfer to steam table pan, cover and place on steam table to serve. CCP: Hold hot at 135°F or higher for service. If not serving immediately, follow proper cooling and reheating below.
- To Serve: For each serving, scoop 3⁄4 cup (scant #5 scoop) oatmeal into a bowl and top each serving with 1 Tbsp. (#60 scoop) vanilla yogurt and 1 Tbsp. (#60 scoop) dried cranberries, if desired.
One serving provides 1 oz. eq. grains, 1⁄2 cup fruit
Nutrients per serving
Calories 200 kcal, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 57 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Dietary Fiber 4 g, Protein 5 g, Vitamin C 2 mg, Calcium 27 mg, Iron 1.5 mg, Vitamin A 169 IU, 1.5% Calories from Saturated Fat / Optional ingredients add 29 calories, 0 g saturated fat and 9 mg sodium per serving.
CCP: Cool to 70˚F or lower within 2 hours and from 70˚F to 40˚F within 4 more hours. Place in shallow pans with a product depth of 2 inches or less and refrigerate or place shallow pans of product into ice bath, immerse pans into ice up to product level and stir frequently. Cover and label product.
CCP: Reheat to 165˚F or higher for 15 seconds, within 2 hours.
Wash hands and exposed parts of arms before handling food, after handling raw foods and after any interruption that may contaminate hands. Wash, rinse and sanitize all equipment and utensils before and after use. Return all ingredients to refrigerator if preparation is interrupted. Measure all internal product temperatures with a cleaned and sanitized thermocouple or thermometer every 2 hours. Thaw frozen product properly using an FDA recommended method.