Cranberry Asparagus Pasta
Pasta so good you won't even care about the CARBS!!!
- 2 1/4 white asparagus
- 1/2 cup mangetout
- 2 Tbsp walnuts
- 2 cups Tagliatelle
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp rubbed peel from 1 organic lemon
- 1 drip basil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel asparagus and cut off ends, then dice it. Blanch in saltwater for 1 minute. Season cold to taste and let it drip off. Rinse mangetout, clean and blanch in saltwater for 2 minutes. Season cold to taste and let it drip off. Chop walnuts.
- Cook tagliatelle in saltwater according to cooking instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Roast asparagus and walnuts for approx. 2 minutes. Add mangetout and cranberries. Taste with salt, pepper and lemon peel to taste.
- Decant tagliatelle and add asparagus mixture. Sprinkle basil over pasta and serve.