Cranberry and Strawberry Cup
A light and refreshing finish to your favorite entree!
- 2 cups strawberries
- 3.5 oz. dried cranberries
- 1 lime
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp. crushed pink peppercorns
- 1 pinch of salt
- Ready-made meringue cookies
- Rinse and wash strawberries. Cut strawberries into halves or quarters, depending on size. Wash lime and grate the peel with a zester. Squeeze juice from one half of the lime. Slit the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out seeds.
- Mix strawberries with lime zest, lime juice, vanilla, cranberries, pink peppercorns and one small pinch of salt. Cover the mixture and place in a cool area for 15-20 minutes.
- Put cranberry and strawberry mixture into serving glasses. Add crumbled meringues if desired.
- Tip with fresh cranberries: Instead of dried berries, you can use fresh cranberries during the period from September through January. Add 5 ounces fresh cranberries with one T water and 2 T sugar into a small pot. Let it simmer for 3 to 4 minutes while stirring. Let cool before marinating.